Today, there are an enormous number of mics that vary in their usage, the standard of activity, structure, alongside their connectivity to with other devices.
Hence we review some of the best 3.5mm microphones for headsets with jack.
Best 3.5mm Microphone for Headsets
Below, we have listed down what are in our opinion, the top 5 picks for the best microphones with a 3.5 mm plug size.
1. Rode VideoMic
The latest super-cardioid unidirectional mic from the Australian company Rode, the VideoMic incorporates a superior quality anti-vibration mount Rycote Lyra. It is made for dubbing and is utilized alongside digital cameras at the professional level.
The mic planned with the most recent innovation, updates, and among the best standards in the industry. Highly compatible with a camera, Rode VideoMic consolidates its compact size and decreased weight with an extended range of response frequency.
The estimation of oneself clamor of the amplifier is fundamentally diminished. The presence of a switchable filter also considerably lessens interference in the low-frequency band.
• 80 Hertz.
The three-position attenuator permits you to work in various modes: 0, – 10 or – 20 dB. The nine-watt battery is utilized for controlling the mic. A special indicator controls the charge level.
Using the regular mounting or 3/8, the RODE VideoMic can be mounted on cameras. The connector stereo mini jack of 3.5 mm makes the signal transmission. The case is made of sturdy yet lightweight plastic ABS. Unwavering quality is given by its great parts and shock mount.
Moreover, windbreaks allow muting the unwanted sound of the wind. In fact, in the updated version, there’s an anti-vibration mount Rycote Lyra, which enables a great recording quality even during movement.
Key specifications of Rode VideoMic:
1. Acoustic principle: linear-gradient.
2. Polar pattern: super-cardioid.
3. Frequency range, Hz 40 … 20,000.
4. Activated low-pass filter.
5. Output impedance, Ohm 200.
6. The level of sensitivity, -38 dB.
7. Dynamic range, 114 dB.
8. Signal and noise, 74 dB SPL.
9. Noise equivalent, 20 dB SPL.
10. Maximum SPL, 134 dB.
11. Power: alkaline battery 9 V.
12. Communication is via a 3.5 mm stereo mini-jack.
13. Weight without battery 176 g.
• Economical, meaning great value of money
• Durable and adaptable.
• Options are adjustable
• Great noise filter
• Solid mounting.
• It requires an excellent windscreen.
2. BOYA BY-M1
The Boya BY-M1 lapel mic can be utilized alongside with DSLR cameras, video cameras, smartphones, tablets, external recorders, etc.
Its economic feasibility, universality and great specifications are key to its great reputation among the vloggers, photographers, videographers and other users.
This gadget has a regular 3.5mm plug with gold-plated contacts and a six-meter cable, permitting the sound architect or operator to move at a great distance and still get the job done.
The battery is situated in a different power unit with the capacity to be turned off. Additionally, the mic can also be attached with clothes or the interior with a solid clip. Additionally, the mic is ideal for use in the studio. In spite of its small size, it ensures astounding sound quality with low unwanted noise pickup.
Since the mic has a 4-pin 3.5 mm jack, to associate with a camcorder, camera, PC, PC, you need a connector from 4 pin female jack to 3 pin male jack. For cell phones and tablets, no connectors are required.
• It gives a natural, authentic sound.
• Low noise associated with handling.
• Minimal size
• Some users have complained about the lapel clip’s quality.
3. Sennheiser MKE 400
Sennheiser MKE 400 is a minimalistic mic for video recording. Its lightweight (around 60 g with battery) makes it the ideal tool to be used with cameras and camcorders today.
This mic has a metal-based structure, 2 sensitivity functions and a high-pass filter. In fact, you can attach the mic to the hot shoe of a camera.
If you are searching for a mic that is practical and compact, this model is definitely a viable option for you. It tends to be mounted on any camera which has mount available for an external mic and sound input. It is also fueled by one penlight batteries of type AAA.
1. High-quality condenser mic with a fully covered metal body
2. Integrated stable fixation that prevents background noise, particularly during movement
3. Foam top that gives wind security is also present
4. Anti-vibration suspension a great extent of contact noise suppression
5. On/Off switch alongside a battery status indicator
6. Super-cardioid directivity.
1. Connectors: 3.5 mm scaled down jack.
2. Appointment: for camcorders.
3. Orientation: super-cardioid.
4. Type: condenser.
5. Frequency reaction: 40 – 20,000 Hz.
6. Sensitivity: 8 – 20 dB.
7. Dimensions: 130 x 21 x 62 mm
8. Cord length: 0.2 m
9. Power: battery AAA.
• Sturdy metal body
• Already incorporated windscreen.
• Give an incredible suppression of background noise, which is ideal for video recording
• Powered by AAA-type batteries (“tablet”).
• Too small.
4. Shure VP83F
This is a small-camera condenser mic designed for DSLR cameras and has an already built-in recording feature.
The mic gives an unrivalled sound quality, which is crisp and clear. The primary component of the model SHURE VP83F –is an inside recorder that permits you to record sound at 24 bit/48 kHz.
This model disregards any background noise, and can likewise prompt qualitative entry vehicles. Records from this mic are stored on a MicroSD HC memory card. Likewise, this mic can expand the receiver sensitivity, and deal with all the records and playback choices.
It is anything but difficult to set up this mic, utilizing a unique five-positional console and an LCD screen. Two 3.5 mm jacks are given – they are made to be used with the camera and earphones. The mic is powered by two or AA batteries. In continuous mode, the mic can give more than 10 hours of opening time.
Simple to read backlit LCD screen gives you full power over the gadget action, including sound performance levels, battery life, data about the track, the earphone volume, the degree of gain of the mic, the filter switch and the rest of the time of the recording.
Specifications of SHURE VP83F:
1. Sound quality: 24-piece/48 kHz.
2. Memory card: Micro SDHC.
3. Hours: 10:00.
4. Two connectors: 3.5 mm.
5. Power supply: batteries or AA.
6. Console: five-positional.
• The ideal mix of consumer requirements and sale price.
• It consolidates remarkable durability and incredible workmanship.
• It has a super-cardioid radiation design by which the mic overlooks external sound sources and background noise.
• The camera is fueled by two batteries.
• It may not turn on at low air temperatures.
5. Audio Technica ATR-6550
Audio Technica ATR6550 is a unidirectional, condenser mic-gun that can record sound in a little, medium or even large areas. The mic has a great looking minimalistic design that is, just as a strong and dependable gadget. Perfect for use with camcorders, just as other versatile recorders.
Audio Technica ATR6550 is a condenser mic that is incredibly sensitive towards yours and the surrounding sounds. Moreover, in the event that you need to get a great stereo sound recording for your video, this is the best choice for you.
Simply just connect the mic to the camera using a fastener that is included in the package, and you are good to go. The receiver has a generally wide frequency range of 70 – 18000 Hz and a narrow diaphragm perfectly capture any sound.
There are two different recording modes, the normal and the tele. The normal mode is meant for sounds at small and medium distances. Tele mode on the other hand, uses a super-cardioid directional design to allow sound from great distances and lengths to be recorded. Also, in the Tele mode, the mic will limit any additional noise.
1. Unidirectional and Super-cardioid outlines.
2. Compact and simple to utilize.
3. The mic is a sensitive condenser design.
4. Ideal for use with camcorders.
5. Two modes for recording (Normal and Tele).
1. Polar pattern: normal: single-minded focus / tele: super-cardioid.
2. Sensitivity: normal: – 56 dB. tele: – 45 dB.
3. Impedance: normal: 1000 Om / Tele: 2200 Om.
4. Power supply: battery 1.5V.
5. Frequency range: 70 – 18000 Hz.
6. Output connector: 3.5 mm.
7. Weight: 113 g.
• The mic is minimal design, lightweight and can be easily connected to the camera.
• Appropriate and adequate for shooting in a little room of normal arrangement.
• Stereo sound, noise-cancelling features.
• The capacity to switch recording modes.