The Klipsch RP-402S is an ultra-compact speaker with 40 watts of peak power. The speakers are built for smaller spaces but deliver big sound. The rubberized cloth protects the exterior surface and offers anti-slip properties. The cabinet handles multiple textures and materials to provide a luxurious feel without breaking the bank.
John came across a beautiful pair of speakers on his morning stroll through town. He thought they would be the perfect addition to his office so he took them to have a look. After listening to them for just a few minutes John was convinced that these were, without question, the best speakers he had ever heard! The quality of sound that this small device could produce was absolutely incredible.
It is a type of loudspeaker, a speaker designed to convert an electrical audio signal into sound. They are designed and marketed by the American company Klipsch, founded in 1946 by Paul W. Klipsch who invented the device to solve his own hearing problems caused by firing guns during World War II. This makes them one of the oldest manufacturers of loudspeakers in operation today.
- Klipsch rp-402s Reference Premiere surround speakers - Pair (ebony)
Last update on 2021-12-05 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API
Design & Structure
The RP-402S is a closed-back pair of headphones with a headband design. The design of the headband ensures that the ear cups grip around the ears securely to reduce outside noise, while also being adjustable for different-sized heads.
Weighing in at just under 1 pound, these headphones have been designed for portability and wearability. The RP-402S has been made with a plastic material that provides a sleek look and allows the earpieces to be able to be folded up for easier storage and transport.
These materials work in conjunction with each other to provide durability while also giving the style of modern aesthetics that people are looking for today. The sound is not for everyone, but it might be just what you need to take your home audio system to the next level.
In a nutshell, this is a headphone with a deep and rich bass response that will satisfy most listeners. What sets this model apart from others in its price point is that it features two angled drivers in each ear cup which helps to create a better stereo image.
It is a two-way, sealed speaker system with horn tweeters and 100W of built-in amplification, so it’s an ideal choice for music lovers who want outstanding sound quality in a compact package.
- 9″ woofer
- 3.5″ voice coil
- 5″ x 11.75” cabinet
- 50 watt power handling capacity at 6 ohms
It offers powerful bass which is perfect for up to medium-sized rooms. The speaker comes with a 5” x 11.75” enclosure and packs a total of 50 watts of power handling capability at 6 ohms to give you breathtaking sound, accurate mids, and smooth highs for your listening pleasure.
- 2.5-way configuration with 6.5″ woofer, 1″ Klipsch tweeter, and 5″ passive radiator.
- Frequency response: 28 – 20000 Hz.
- Sensitivity: 89 dB @2.83V/1m.
- Impedance: 8 ohms nominal.
The 402S is a relatively inexpensive speaker which features a 2.5-way configuration with 6.
- 12″ speaker with Klipsch WIDEDOPTIX cone tweeter
- Bi-amp, bi-wireable/bi-amp ready (8 AWG minimum wire) for 100 watt per channel power
- 110 watts continuous (8 ohm, 20Hz–20kHz), 220 watts program (8 ohm, 1 kHz), 550 watts peak power (8 ohm)
- Frequency response: 44 Hz – 46 kHz +/- 3 dB
- Frequency response: 44 Hz – 65.
- Bright and crisp audio.
- For earbuds or home stereo system.
- Great bass response for its size, considering it’s technically a full-size headphone.
- No microphone; all sound is through the buds.
- Must be wired, cannot use Bluetooth.
- Loud but not particularly rich bass.
- Treble is a little soft and muddy.
- Doesn’t have a remote control.
- Flimsy build quality.
- Sound becomes tinny when volume is too high.
- Pricey for what you get.
It looks like the perfect buy for someone seeking an affordable, yet powerful sound system. It has a solid six-driver system and an expansive frequency range, not to mention the convenience of wireless Bluetooth capability. The unit’s design is something even audiophiles will appreciate, making this speaker an excellent choice for just about anyone.
While the Klipsch speaker system is certainly not without its flaws, it’s clear that the company has put an enormous amount of effort into designing it. The robust sound quality and finely tuned stereo performance are just two of the reasons why this is our top pick. If you don’t mind paying for excellent sound quality, then we confidently recommend this option.