The JBL Charge 4 delivers a lot of sound for its size, and can work for a whopping 20 hours on a single charge. It also has outdoor-friendly options like IPX7 water resistance and bungee cord loop. It’s a great speaker for those who need some decent sound without having to carry around a giant portable console, and would be a worthwhile purchase for many people.
The JBL Charge 4 features a sleek, rubbery finish that makes it look more like a covert camera than a speaker. It also comes with two included bungee cords that can be attached to anything to free up your hands – something that’s especially handy during long commutes. You can also clip the Charge 4 to the top of your backpack, car seat, or even seatbelt. The speaker is also IPX7 waterproof, so plan on taking it along every time you go for a dip.
- WIRELESS BLUETOOTH STREAMING: Wirelessly connect up to 2 smartphones or tablets to the speaker and take turns enjoying powerful sound.
- UP TO 20 HOURS OF PLAYTIME: Built-in rechargeable Li-ion 7500mAH battery supports up to 20 hours of playtime and charges your device via USB port
- IPX7 WATERPROOF: Take Charge 4 to the beach or the pool without worrying about spills or even submersion in water
- JBLCONNECT plus Amplify your listening experience to epic levels and rock the party perfectly by wirelessly connecting more than 100 JBL Connect plus...
- DURABLE FABRIC AND RUGGED MATERIAL: The durable fabric material and rugged rubber housing allows your speaker to outlast all of your adventures
Last update on 2023-11-27 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API
Table of Contents
Design and Structure:
The JBL Charge 4 is a compact speaker that’s about the size of a coffee mug. Available in blue, black, red, and teal, this rugged Bluetooth speaker looks like it can survive a multitude of outdoor areas. It has a rubbery finish, but it doesn’t attract a lot of dust or dirt.
The speaker has a small round port on the front where you can attach a clip on the speakerphone. This allows for hands-free conference calls while you’re working in the yard, at the beach, or wherever else you might be listening to your favorite songs. It also comes with two bungee cords, which you can use to either clip your phone or mp3 player to your backpack or car seat.
The JBL Charge 4 is bass-heavy, with the speaker producing a decent amount of sound for its size. It can go loud without distortion, and also has enough range to fill a small room. The rechargeable lithium-ion battery that powers the speaker is removable, so you can swap it out for one that’s still charging or fully charged when it needs to be replaced.
The JBL Charge 4 has two full-range drivers on board, along with two passive radiators to help facilitate the high-quality sound. The speaker itself is water-resistant, but not waterproof.
Bluetooth connectivity allows wireless streaming of audio from your smartphone or tablet. The battery on this unit was impressive, lasting an average of 16 hours on a single charge! You can also connect via auxiliary cable if you don’t have access to Bluetooth. A 3.5mm auxiliary port is also included for wired listening, but you’ll need a cable that’s about an inch longer than the one that came with your phone.
JBL stands behind the Charge 4 with a one-year limited warranty, which includes free technical support.
If you like your music to be loud, bass-heavy, and immersive, the JBL Charge 4 is right up your alley. This isn’t the best choice for audiophiles or those looking for crystal-clear sound; it’s better suited for people who like to rock out with some thumping bass. The Charge 4 supports a wide range of Bluetooth devices, from smartphones and tablets to computers. It also has 2 auxiliary inputs if you need them for wired listening.
Whether you’re listening to music, watching a movie, or playing games, the JBL Charge 4 delivers good sound in a small package. This is especially true when it comes to bass; this speaker can produce some intense bass that’s really loud and very clear.
When it comes to features, the JBL Charge 4 is jam-packed with everything you could want in a Bluetooth speaker. It has an IPX7 waterproof rating, which means it can handle submersion in water for 30 minutes at a depth of 3 feet. You can also take it into the shower with you without worry. The speaker also comes with two bungee cords that you can use to fasten your smartphone or tablet to your backpack, car seat, or anything else.
The speaker is lightweight and easy to carry around, but still has a decent amount of heft to it. It’s about the size of a coffee mug, so it’s comfortable to hold in one hand for extended periods of time. Controls are mounted on the top surface of the speaker, which allow you to cycle through your playlists or adjust the volume. You can also use these buttons to call someone via speakerphone.
- The JBL Charge 4 is a rugged-looking portable speaker that’s perfect for anyone who likes to head outdoors.
- It comes with a water-resistant rating of IPX7, so you can take it along with you on all of your outdoor adventures.
- The speaker has a rechargeable battery that lasts 20 hours on a single charge, which should be enough talk time for even the longest commutes.
- You can also play music from just about any Bluetooth device, as well as from an auxiliary cable if necessary.
- The JBL Charge 4 also has a built-in mic, which allows you to make calls hands-free while you’re working in the yard.
- This speaker lacks the bass response of larger models like the JBL Charge 3 or JBL Xtreme but that’s because of its small size.
- The speaker isn’t very loud overall, so it might not be powerful enough for large gatherings or parties.
The JBL Charge 4 is best suited for those who need a decent portable speaker to take outdoors or on long commutes. It has a good amount of bass-heavy punch and enough volume to fill a small room. This unit isn’t as powerful as some larger Bluetooth speakers, but it’s much easier to pack around and take with you on the go.
Q: Is the JBL charge 4 worth it?
A: The JBL Charge 4 only offers small updates to the previous generation, but it remains an excellent value in wireless speakers. Charge 4 has great build and battery life with a powerful sound. It also charges your portable device. Vocals in the mids can get covered by the bass.
Q: How to pair JBL charge 4 with Bluetooth device?
A: Method 1: Perform a factory reset on JBL Charge 4. There’s a possibility that this problem is caused by the software of the phone freezing. … Method 2: Pair the Bluetooth device. … Method 3: Charge the speaker to fix Bluetooth not connecting issue. … Method 4: Device is not in range. …
Q: Is JBL charge 4 waterproof?
A: The Charge 4 has an IPX7 waterproof fabric so you don’t have to worry about water damage. The JBL Charge 4 is only worth the money if you can find for a very good deal. Otherwise, you’re better off springing for the JBL Charge 5, with its newer tech, better battery life, and better IP67 rating.
Q: Why is my JBL speaker not charging?
A: Method 1: Perform a factory reset. A factory reset or hard reset will wipe out data on this Bluetooth speaker and bring it back to its default settings. Method 2: Replace the USB cable. … Method 3: Replace the charger to fix won’t charge problem. … Method 4: Dirt present in the charging port. … Method 5: Faulty battery. … Method 6: Faulty circuit board. …