Don’t let life’s little accidents put a dampener on your tunes. Outdoor enthusiasts, or anyone who likes to party in the rain, can now enjoy their favourite music in the JBL Charge 4 Waterproof Portable Bluetooth Speaker.
The JBL Charge 4 offers 30% more power and louder sound than its predecessor with dual passive radiators and two dedicated class D amplifiers. Built-in HiFi DACs provide consistent high quality audio, while stereo pairing delivers true stereo separation for an immersive listening experience. Separate treble and bass controls let you tune the highs and lows to your liking. The IPX7 waterproof design offers peace of mind in the rain, while the tough build is ready for anything you can throw at it.
Perfect for a banger of a weekend in the park, or a rainy day on the beach, the JBL Charge 4 Waterproof Portable Bluetooth Speaker provides thunderous sound in a small package.
- WIRELESS BLUETOOTH STREAMING: Wirelessly connect up to 2 smartphones or tablets to the speaker and take turns enjoying powerful sound.
- UP TO 20 HOURS OF PLAYTIME: Built-in rechargeable Li-ion 7500mAH battery supports up to 20 hours of playtime and charges your device via USB port
- IPX7 WATERPROOF: Take Charge 4 to the beach or the pool without worrying about spills or even submersion in water
- JBLCONNECT plus Amplify your listening experience to epic levels and rock the party perfectly by wirelessly connecting more than 100 JBL Connect plus...
- DURABLE FABRIC AND RUGGED MATERIAL: The durable fabric material and rugged rubber housing allows your speaker to outlast all of your adventures
Last update on 2023-12-11 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API
Table of Contents
Design and Structure:
With an IPX7 waterproof design, the JBL Charge 4 promises to play your favourite tunes no matter what the weather. It’s also built to take a beating with sturdy handles at both ends. With its dual passive radiators, there’s no mistaking the Charging 4 for anything other than a serious speaker with loud, big sound. With two dedicated class D amplifiers there are 30% more power in comparison to the original Charge 3.
The fit and finish is perfect in both design and build quality, with an aluminium frame wrapped in rugged rubberised plastic shock-corded panels – this is one tough little number! JBL have taken things up a notch here in terms of design, aesthetics and functionality, perfect for those rambunctious weekend benders.
The JBL Charge 4 is outfitted with a long-lasting, high-capacity 6000mAh Li-ion battery that provides decent playtime (8+ hours) and charging (2.5 hours). If you need more juice the USB-C input delivers rapid charging capabilities; charging your phone and your speaker at the same time! The speakerphone capability means you can take calls handsfree, and also comes with a bungee cord for fixing the hook to almost anything (great for children’s bikes and other equipment).
The JBL Charge 4 is built for celebration; always ready to take center stage. A built-in microphone for speakerphone capability and makes it easy to take calls.
You can opt to pair the JBL Charge 4 with another to create a pretty impressive sound system.
Accompanying the JBL Charge 4 is a small carry case which is perfect for keeping the speaker safe.
The JBL Charge 4 is definitely one of the most exciting sounding portable Bluetooth speakers that JBL has released since its inception into the portable speaker market. It has a 6000mAh lithium ion battery that gives you up to 8 hours of play time. It’s also waterproof up to IPX7 standards, meaning it can be submerged in water up to one meter for 30 minutes. The speaker comes with dual passive radiators and 2 dedicated class D amplifiers which deliver twice as much power as the original JBL Charge 3.
The JBL Charge 4 comes with an included bungee cord so it can be attached to almost anything – great for bikes, tents etc…
- Bluetooth 4.2 with multipoint connectivity allows you to pair two speakers together for left and right stereo sound.
- With JBL Connect+ you can connect multiple JBL Connect+ enabled speakers together for instant party chain mode. – Let the party carry on over to your camp site with the built in FM radio feature.
- 30% more power than its predecessor with 2×2 watt RMS total power output. – 20Hz-20kHz frequency response delivering full, true sound reproduction that is ideal for a range of music genres. Separate treble and bass controls let you tune the highs and lows to your liking.
- Equipped with dual passive radiators for extra bass output.
- The sound is clear with good bass presence. Ideal for family gatherings, BBQs…
- At 6 kilos it’s not too heavy to move around.
- The included carry case feels cheap and flimsy.
- You can’t customise the lights on the front of the speaker.
- There is no dock to hold your phone in place, so be careful which phone case you use.
- The bluetooth range is not very far.
- With the speaker in bungee mode and the wheels locked in, it does not sit in a stable position.
The JBL Charge 4 Waterproof Portable Bluetooth Speaker has met all of my expectations of what i was looking for – great sound, ability to pair with another Charge 4 for even better sound and long battery life. One thing that stood out more than any other feature is that it can get LOUD, I mean really loud! The bass response is very good with good mid range and highs. The only other bad points are the cheap feel of the carrycase and that you can’t customise the lights on the front of the speaker (not that I knew about them before I received it). If you’re looking for a portable Bluetooth speaker that sounds great and has good battery life then this is definitely worth checking out.
Q: Is the JBL charge 4 worth it?
A: The JBL Charge 4 only offers small updates to the previous generation, but it remains an excellent value in wireless speakers. Charge 4 has great build and battery life with a powerful sound. It also charges your portable device. Vocals in the mids can get covered by the bass.
Q: How to pair JBL charge 4 with Bluetooth device?
A: Method 1: Perform a factory reset on JBL Charge 4. There’s a possibility that this problem is caused by the software of the phone freezing. … Method 2: Pair the Bluetooth device. … Method 3: Charge the speaker to fix Bluetooth not connecting issue. … Method 4: Device is not in range. …
Q: Is JBL charge 4 waterproof?
A: The Charge 4 has an IPX7 waterproof fabric so you don’t have to worry about water damage. The JBL Charge 4 is only worth the money if you can find for a very good deal. Otherwise, you’re better off springing for the JBL Charge 5, with its newer tech, better battery life, and better IP67 rating.
Q: Why is my JBL speaker not charging?
A: Method 1: Perform a factory reset. A factory reset or hard reset will wipe out data on this Bluetooth speaker and bring it back to its default settings. Method 2: Replace the USB cable. … Method 3: Replace the charger to fix won’t charge problem. … Method 4: Dirt present in the charging port. … Method 5: Faulty battery. … Method 6: Faulty circuit board. …