Turntables and record players are two devices that tend to be neglected in the audio world. While they can still produce an amazing sound, they do need a bit more TLC than other music devices because of the physical nature of their production.
A great way to make your vinyl or record collection into a better listening experience is by adding a soundbar — we recommend these five ones we’ve curated. For starters, it’s worth noting that record players are more than just playing vinyl.
They can also play digital formats like MP3, WAV, or other formats. Conveniently, soundbars can be used to play that (digital) music you love while you’re sitting on the couch. Some of these 5 will also connect to your phone via Bluetooth which means no wires are necessary.
Table of Contents
- 1 Buying Guide
- 2 5 Best Soundbars for Turntables & Record Players
- 2.1 1. Bose TV Speaker – Soundbar for TV with Bluetooth and HDMI-ARC Connectivity, Black, Includes Remote Control
- 2.2 2. Polk Audio Signa S3 Ultra-Slim TV Sound Bar and Wireless Subwoofer with Built-in Chromecast | Compatible with 8K, 4K & HD TVs | Wi-Fi, Bluetooth | Works with Google Assistant
- 2.3 3. VIZIO Sound Bar for TV with Wireless Subwoofer, 2.1 Home Audio Sound Bar with Bluetooth 38″ SB3821-C6
- 2.4 4. Polk Audio Signa S2 Ultra-Slim TV Sound Bar | Works with 4K & HD TVs | Wireless Subwoofer | Includes HDMI & Optical Cables | Bluetooth Enabled, Black
- 2.5 5. Sonos Beam – Smart TV Sound Bar with Amazon Alexa Built-in – Black
- 3 Conclusion
- 4 FAQs
In this article, I will try to cover the most common features you should look for in soundbars. It is important that you choose a soundbar that is within your budget and has all the features you would want in a soundbar. Soundbars can also be classified into three categories:
1. Small Bar
less than 10″ in height. This is where a lot of cheap soundbars reside. These cheap soundbars felt cheap to the touch and produce no felt quality in their build. On the other hand, they will have a lot of bass in their sound. A common type of soundbar in this category is the Klipsch Quintet 2.0s.
2. Mid-size Bar
10 inches to 30 inches in height. Most mid-sized soundbars are between the $700 – $2,000 range with the exception being Asian brands that are selling lower quality soundbars for less than $200. Mid-size soundbars are the most common type of soundbar that is best for home theater enthusiasts.
3. Large Bar
Above 30 inches in height. These are the type of soundbars that are built to be mounted on walls or placed on top of flat-screen TVs. A lot of these soundbars have extra features, such as wireless connectivity, built right in their design which makes them easy to use.
5 Best Soundbars for Turntables & Record Players
Last update on 2023-01-14 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API
1. Bose TV Speaker – Soundbar for TV with Bluetooth and HDMI-ARC Connectivity, Black, Includes Remote Control
- Hear your TV better: Designed with simplicity in mind, the Bose TV Speaker is a small soundbar that clarifies speech and is a simple fix for better TV...
- Wide, natural sound: 2 angled full-range drivers deliver a more realistic, spatial audio experience for overall better TV sound from a small soundbar.
- Enhanced dialogue: This TV speaker is designed to specifically focus on clarifying and elevating vocals and pronunciation.
- Bluetooth TV speaker: Pair your device to this Bluetooth soundbar to wirelessly stream your favorite music and podcasts. You can connect up to three...
- Simple setup: A single connection from this compact soundbar to the TV via an optical audio cable (included) or an HDMI cable (sold separately) has...
Last update on 2023-01-19 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API
This Bose home theater system features a slim design that fits comfortably on any television. It also includes 12 microphones for working as part of a virtual 5.1 surround sound experience and offers wireless Bluetooth connectivity to stream audio from your mobile device or tablet.
- Sound quality is excellent, even without a subwoofer
- Easy to set up
- Integration for TV sound very straightforward
- Remote is useful and has good range
- Very expensive
- Relatively difficult to install
- Only available in black
2. Polk Audio Signa S3 Ultra-Slim TV Sound Bar and Wireless Subwoofer with Built-in Chromecast | Compatible with 8K, 4K & HD TVs | Wi-Fi, Bluetooth | Works with Google Assistant
- ULTRA-SLIM SOUNDBAR WITH WIRELESS SUBWOOFER – Features 2.1 channel performance-tuned drivers - (2) 1.25” x 4.4”oval mid-range drivers & (2) 1”...
- POLK’S EXCLUSIVE VOICE ADJUST TECHNOLOGY & Dolby Digital 5.1 Decoding helps maximize sound clarity & reduces voice delays. Hear clear, crisp...
- EXCELLENT SOUND AND VALUE on par with any mid- to high-range sound bars available in the market. At 2" tall, the Signa S3 fits most spaces — easily...
- UPGRADE YOUR HOME THEATER SURROUND SOUND SYSTEM – Watch your favorite shows on your 4K and 8K HD Smart TV with exceptional picture quality & clear...
- WIRELESSLY STREAM MUSIC from your favorite streaming apps like Pandora, Spotify, TuneIn, and more from your smartphone, tablet or other compatible...
Last update on 2023-01-23 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API
The Polk Audio Signa S3 Ultra-Slim TV Sound Bar and Wireless Subwoofer with Built-in Chromecast is a compatible product for TVs that support HDCP 2.2, HDCP 2.1, or better to deliver amazing sound with an improved wireless experience. Supporting 8K, 4K XLR inputs and full 4K 60Hz support on the ultra-slim design ensures clear sound on any TV without sacrificing hidden cables or bulky built-in speakers.
- Compatible with 8K, 4K & HD TVs
- Wi-Fi, Bluetooth
- Google Assistant compatible soundbar
- Setup is a little bit difficult
- The sound quality is not good enough but you can always make a few adjustments to improve the overall audio of your soundbar
- Poor User Interface
3. VIZIO Sound Bar for TV with Wireless Subwoofer, 2.1 Home Audio Sound Bar with Bluetooth 38″ SB3821-C6
- Enjoy 100 dB of room filling, crystal clear sound with less than 1 percent total harmonic distortion
- Wireless subwoofer adds rich bass from anywhere in the room
- Built in Bluetooth lets you lose the wires and listen to your music with a tap of a finger with built in Bluetooth. Sound pressure level - 100 dB....
- Premium audio with Dolby digital decoding, plus DTS TruVolume and DTS audio post processing
- Wireless remote for convenient volume, input and audio controls; Wireless subwoofer range approximately 60 feet – line of sight from sound bar
Last update on 2023-01-20 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API
The VIZIO Sound Bar for TV with Wireless Subwoofer, 2.1 Home Audio Sound Bar with Bluetooth 38″ SB3821-C6 is a fantastic device that will provide you with the home theater sound that you have been looking for. It features a wireless subwoofer and is easy to use.
- The Vizio Sound Bar for TV is easy to set up with the included wiring and plugs into any standard power outlet
- It offers incredible audio quality without the need of large, bulky speakers
- The remote control has an HDMI control function that can be used with all your favorite devices.
- A bit pricey
- No Bluetooth connectivity
- Wireless subwoofer isn’t very powerful
4. Polk Audio Signa S2 Ultra-Slim TV Sound Bar | Works with 4K & HD TVs | Wireless Subwoofer | Includes HDMI & Optical Cables | Bluetooth Enabled, Black
- A PREMIUM ULTRA-SLIM SOUND BAR WITH INCLUDED WIRELESS SUBWOOFER – 5 powerful full-range drivers deliver BEAUTFUL RICH SOUND WITH DEEP BASS. POLK’S...
- EXCELLENT SOUND AND VALUE on par with any mid- to high-range sound bars available in the market. At just over 2" tall, it fits most spaces — easily...
- UPGRADE YOUR HOME THEATER EXPERIENCE – Watch your favorite shows on your 4K HD Smart TV with exceptional picture quality & crystal clear sound. With...
- WIRELESSLY STREAM MUSIC from your favorite streaming apps like Pandora, Spotify, TuneIn, and others directly from your smartphone, tablet or other...
- SET UP YOUR SOUND BAR IN MINUTES — With the included subwoofer, HDMI and optical cables quickly connect your TV to the sound bar. Get set up and...
Last update on 2023-01-16 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API
Polk Audio is an audio company that has been around for over 40 years. They are based in Baltimore, Maryland, and are known for their quality sound.
- The Polk Audio Signa S2 Ultra-Slim TV Sound Bar is just slim enough to fit under any TV.
- It works with both HD TVs and 4K TVs.
- Wirelessly connects up to two compatible Bluetooth devices, like your phone or laptop.
- Includes HDMI and optical cables for compatibility with almost any TV, as well as an included subwoofer for low frequencies.
- Some people may find the sound quality not good enough for their taste.
5. Sonos Beam – Smart TV Sound Bar with Amazon Alexa Built-in – Black
- Beam - The smart, compact soundbar for TV, music, and more.
- High definition sound - Experience rich, detailed sound for your TV that fills the entire room.
- TV, music and more - Play music, TV, movies, podcasts, radio, audiobooks and video games.
- Easy control - Control Beam with your voice, remote, the Sonos app, and more.
- Class 10 for Full HD video recording and playback (Full HD (1920x1080) video support may vary based upon host device, file attributes, and other...
Last update on 2023-01-14 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API
Some TVs are expensive investments. What’s more, you end up with two large boxes to put somewhere in the room where they take up space and then there is not that much space left for anything else. For people with smaller living spaces, it can feel like a total waste of money because your favorite show can disappear behind the TV.
- The Sonos Beam is a smart sound bar that is easy to set up and allows users to control it with their voice even when the TV is off.
- It includes a built-in Amazon Alexa personal assistant, enabling users to watch movies and shows, browse content from apps on their device, play music from Spotify or Amazon Prime Music, or control lights in a room.
- The TV can also be turned into a smart speaker to use with Spotify or Google Home.
- The Sonos Beam looks like a gigantic disembodied head
- If you don’t own a television and only use smart TVs, this sound bar will be useless to you
- Voice commands can’t be added or removed from the device because it’s built into the TV
We hope you enjoyed our article and found it helpful. Every now and then we like to think about how we can improve our website and this blog, and to do that we give feedback on what you find valuable and interesting. We appreciate your taking the time to share your opinion with us.
Q: What is the best Vizio soundbar for vinyl?
A: When shopping for VIZIO soundbars, you can choose to go soundbar only, soundbar with subwoofer, or full theater system with soundbar, subwoofer and satellite speakers. The pick that stands out as the best budget option for vinyl is the VIZIO 38” 2.1 Sound Bar System SB3821-C6 with Wireless Subwoofer included.
Q: What is the best soundbar?
A: The best soundbar that we’ve tested is the Samsung HW-Q90R. This premium and well-built soundbar has a 7.1.4 setup consisting of a large bar, a wireless subwoofer, and two wireless satellite speakers. It’s capable of delivering a fully immersive surround sound experience and is also one of the best Dolby Atmos soundbars that we’ve tested.
Q: Are powered speakers better than soundbars for vinyl music?
A: For pure vinyl music listening, powered speakers are generally a better choice than soundbars because they can be spread out and provide a wider stereo image. Since powered speakers always come with analog inputs, it is also easy to find models that are compatible with turntables.
Q: What should I look for when buying a soundbar?
A: Before you buy a soundbar make sure it accepts the same connections present on your TV. The most common input on soundbars is now HDMI, and if your TV is less than five years old it should be compatible, but it’s worth double-checking.