Table of Contents
Polk Audio RTI A3 is a mid-sized home theater speaker with 3 inch dome tweeters and 3-inch cone woofers. It includes a 10 inch subwoofer for low frequencies. The speaker’s audio response is 48-22,000 Hz and its impedance is 8 ohms.
The RTI A3’s tweeter and woofers produce a balanced sound. The speakers use a new aluminum finish and rubber surround on the back of the cones. The RTI A3 is the third RTI speaker to include this elevated support, which has been added to absorb vibration from its large drivers.
Polk Audio is an American audio electronics company which was founded in 1972 by John P. Bass. Polk Audio pioneered the development of high performance audio speakers for home, business, car and wireless applications.
The RTI A3 uses 3-inch polymer composite cones with rubber surrounds to produce deep bass and clear midrange sounds. The driver has a separate tweeter that produces high-frequency sounds. Both these features work together to create balanced sound; low-end frequencies are not too loud while the mid-frequency does not sound flat.
Directly on the back of the RTI A3 are two metal spikes. They are used to support the speakers which creates an elevated surface area to absorb vibration from the highs.
Polk Audio RTI A3 speakers will give you a clear and balanced sound that is perfect for mid-sized rooms and home theaters.
The RTI A3’s frequency response is wide and will cover up to 22,000 Hz.
- Pair of real wood bookshelf speakers with all MDF construction and resonance free enclosures
- Equipped with one 6.5 inch dynamic balance mineral/polymer composite cone driver
- Features Power Port technology to reduce incheschuffing inches or inchesport noise inches
- Equipped with one 1 inch silk/polymer composite dome tweeter
- Features a neodynium magnet, low viscosity ferro fluid cooling, and a heat sink on the back of the magnet
Last update on 2023-12-06 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API
Design & Structure
The Polk Audio RTI A3 is also very versatile. The earpads are quite large, providing a comfort that is rarely seen in other models. In addition to this, these headphones have been specifically designed to be comfortable to the point that you will barely notice them while wearing them. This naturally leads to increased mobility and prolonged use of headphones.
The only difference between the standard A3 and its Pro counterpart is the upgraded audio cable. This could just be an aesthetic change, but it does have a much bigger impact on the overall performance of the headphones. The upgraded cable is detachable, which means that the headphones can be comfortably stored in your bag or even backpack without any worries. This is due to how small and compact they are; you will hardly notice them during travel.
Another big difference between the A3 Pro and the standard model is their durability. One major factor that makes this model last longer than others is its hardy design.
Polk Audio RTI A3 is an active-directivity speaker system that produces a wide range of high-quality sound from any size room. With its compact footprint and a list price in the $1500 range, this system is a value for your dollar. It can be set up in minutes with no tools or holes required in the walls. The slim profile also fits well with most rooms, adding to its sleek design. The tough, durable construction offers consistent quality and durability for years to come.
In addition, Polk designed the RTI A3 to produce a wide range of sound from any size room. If you have a large space, this speaker covers frequencies as low as 40 Hz and as high as 20 kHz making it ideal for listening to music.
The system has an 8-inch subwoofer with a built-in 120 watt amplifier that delivers deep bass sounds. That means even the largest rooms don’t need a separate subwoofer thanks to the integrated powered sub.
The system comes with a matching S3 center channel speaker that has a 6.5-inch driver and a built-in 100 watt amplifier that delivers crystal clear vocals. You can also add two S3 bookshelf speakers to the side of your TV for clear dialog.
8″ High Profile, 90º H x 40″ W x 2.125″ D, 33 lbs., Black or Walnut Wood Grain Finish, 120V / 60Hz 0.
The Polk Audio RTI A3 is one of the most well-known, best-selling headphones in the market today. This model has been called “perfect for active and busy professionals,” and it is loved by audiophiles for its accurate sound reproduction and durability. The Polk Audio RTI A3 comes with a detachable cable that can be replaced depending on your needs; it also works with special adapters to make sure compatibility is not an issue.
- Minimalist design for modern living.
- Three configurations that fit any listening room, with optional direct/reflected sound technology for audio perfection in small to medium sized rooms
- Acoustically tuned with separate bass bin & double dome tweeter
- Virtually invisible 8″ high profile cabinet for easy placement in tight spaces or on HDTV stand (VCR/DVD)
- Lightweight, thin profile cabinet is less than 2″ thick; includes protective grille for furniture protection when not in use .
- Beautiful walnut woodgrain finish.
- Includes 2 interchangeable, durable fabric covered speaker stands to create a customized look.
- Easily attached/detached without removing the grille for instant aesthetic changes in decor.
- Gold plated, virtually invisible speaker binding post terminals with a 3.5mm stereo mini jack input and a gold plated RCA input for connecting to any source with standard 3.5mm analog stereo output cables.
- 2.5″ Low Turbulence Vent Technology
- Wide Dispersion Surround Sound
- New Dynamic Balance Drivers with Whizzer Technology
- 2.0 Multimedia Speaker System With Bluetooth Wireless Streaming and Voice Control
- Provides you with a great audio experience in your car, truck or van. Providing the sound quality of a high performance speaker system, Polk Audio RTI A3 provides you from all angles for an incredible listening experience.
- The Polk Audio RTI A3 is a good choice for those looking for a high-quality speaker set without breaking the bank.
- The speakers are powerful for live audio and crisp with good sound.
- They also offer 360 degree surround sound, so you can fill your room with music for a cinematic experience! These monitors also make a solid set of 2.1 computer speakers.
- The sound is nice and clear, and the volume is powerful enough to hear music clearly while working on homework.
- The Polk RTI A3 comes with a low end that is really a nice match for a subwoofer.
- The high end is very well balanced and won’t cause you to cringe when watching movies at low volume levels.
- You could swap out the tweeters, if you want to experiment with different frequency ranges
- The bass doesn’t go quite as deep as other models, like the A3+
- Cannot bi-amp
- Some people may not like that the speaker is taller than most speakers, though this can make it easier to fit in a home theater setup.
- They are not bookshelf speakers. They really should be placed on stands.
They sound great. They come with a five year warranty (if you register them online).The bass does extend quite deep, for a powered bookshelf speaker. They look great. The RTI A3 is an attractive bookshelf loudspeaker.
Solid build quality and finish (except the plastic grill).RTI A3 can be placed in any position for a perfect sound. Polk Audio RTI A3 is designed for wide-ranging soundscapes. Polk Audio RTI A3 uses.
Dolby Atmos® to create the most immersive cinema experience from TVs, computer screens, or from virtually anywhere else that audio can be sent.
Headphones is sometimes hard to come by, but the Polk Audio RTI A3 brings your tunes with them whenever they’re not in use. That’s because these wireless headphones are designed with a convenient clip that you can connect to any backpack or pocket. The sleek design provides hours of listening pleasure and optimal sound for whatever music genre you choose, including EDM, hip-hop, and indie rock.
The Polk Audio RTI A3 Wireless Hearing Support Headphones are comfortable enough to wear for extended periods, but they’re also lightweight enough to be comfortable in your hand when you want to enjoy a quick run outdoors. The key features include:
Wireless Bluetooth 4.2 technology provides easy-to-use Bluetooth connectivity for this pair of wireless headphones. Simply connect the power source, clip the headphones on to an item, and you’ll be connected to your music in no time.
Q: How heavy are the Polk Audio RTI A3 speakers?
A: At 16 pounds each, they really are heavy for the bookshelf. To summarize… This Polk Audio RTI A3 Review has revealed an excellent product. And we have to say that in our view the rti a3 is a class act.
Q: Should you buy RTI A3 bookshelf speakers?
A: But if you look at the RTI A3, you aren’t going to ignore it. The style and the design just impress at first sight. And for a bookshelf speaker, it is going to be one of the largest in view. Immediately you know that this speaker is going to be a quality product. It just looks like that.
Q: Where are Polk Audio speakers made?
A: They still have their base in San Diego, but in 2006 became a subsidiary of US company Directed Electronics. We can safely say then that Polk knows a thing or two about producing quality speakers. So, let’s take a closer look at one of their products, the Polk Audio RTI A3 speakers.
Q: What is the frequency response of the Polk A3?
A: Moreover, the A3 also has an 8-ohm impedance and nice, bass-reflex ported design. Its extraordinary frequency response ranges from 50 to 26,000 Hz. Design-wise, there are a few things that you will notice. First of all, the Polk has a beautiful, real-wood veneer finish, which makes it perfect for both modern and vintage-looking interior.