Bluetooth speakers are a very popular type of audio device that people often use to listen to their favorite tunes anywhere they go. These wireless speakers allow people to, well, wirelessly transmit music from their mobile devices to the speaker which provides better sound quality than your mobile device alone.
Altec Lansing Bluetooth Speakers are known for providing high-quality audio which is one of the reasons why they are so popular. Altec Lansing’s Bluetooth Speakers are a perfect match for a variety of devices including smartphones, tablets, laptops and desktop computers.
There are however some things you should know when using Bluetooth speakers so you can have the most out of your speaker.
- Bluetooth speaker with an impressive wireless range plays music from up to 30 feet away for indoor and outdoor entertainment
- Floating IP67 waterproof certified speaker is the perfect accessory for the beach, poolside, or an addition to your car, boat,...
- Ultra portable design with integrated carabiner is comfortable to carry, lightweight, and fits easily into a backpack.
- Hands-free device lets you remain active outdoors while freeing up your hands to connect with family and friends.
- Features a 6-hour battery life to keep your jams playing all night
Last update on 2021-12-06 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API
Table of Contents
- 1 How to Pair Altec Lansing Bluetooth Speaker :
- 2 Paring Altec Lansing Bluetooth Speaker with other devices :
- 3 Feature of pairing audio device and speakers together :
- 4 Connecting your Device and Start Playing Music!
- 5 Troubleshooting Tips and Performance Tips :
- 6 Conclusion :
How to Pair Altec Lansing Bluetooth Speaker :
You can pair your Altec Lansing speaker with any device with Bluetooth capabilities, including computers, tablets, smartphones, etc. as long as your device is also equipped with Bluetooth. In order to pair your device with the Altec Lansing speaker, you must turn it on first.
The Bluetooth symbol will show up near the speaker’s power button. There might be a slight delay before you can connect to another device after it has been activated.
If you have a device that does not come with a Bluetooth speaker as well as the Altec Lansing equipped device, it’s time to begin pairing them together. Here is how it is done:
- Bring your Altec Lansing Bluetooth speaker near to your other device.
- Switch on the Bluetooth speaker by pressing the power button.
- Bring your other device near the Altec Lansing Bluetooth Speaker
- The two devices will automatically pair together, indicating that they are now paired through an audible tone and a message on both devices screen. If you are using an iPhone, you need to confirm this action by clicking “Pair”.
- The Bluetooth devices will establish a secure connection between them and start playing audio from the Bluetooth source.
- If you want to cancel pairing, press the play/pause button for a few seconds until it flashes blue again.
Paring Altec Lansing Bluetooth Speaker with other devices :
A. Syncing the Bluetooth Speaker with a Windows PC:
- Install the drivers for Altec Lansing Speaker from this link: http://www.alteclansing.com/drivers/ALC862_PC_Driver_v3.0.3.zip
- Open the Windows Control Panel and go to the Device Manager.
- Right click on Bluetooth radio and select “Update driver”. Select “No, not this time” when a dialog box appears in a short while. Specify “PCI device” from the available options if asked. Selecting that will help to download device drivers from Windows Update which you can easily find via Google search.
- NOTE: After Windows updates, it will ask for drivers again. Select “Yes”.
- Right click on Bluetooth radio in Device Manager, select “Update driver” and select “Install from a list or specific location” after the blue text appears. A dialog box appears. Specify “Browse my computer for driver software” if asked. Click on the Altec Lansing Wireless Stereo Speakers folder to find the correct driver (*.inf file) for your device under Windows\system32\DRIVERS folder. Click the Ok button.
- Right click on Bluetooth radio in Device Manager and select “Disable” to shut it down and vacant the software driver.
B. Syncing the Bluetooth Speaker with a Macintosh PC:
- Install the drivers for Altec Lansing Speaker from this link: http://www.alteclansing.com/drivers/ALC862_Mac_Driver_v3.0.3.zip
- Open the Mac OS X System Preferences. Click on “Bluetooth” under the “View” section.
- Click on Scanning Devices… to locate it. The device will not be discovered immediately. It takes several seconds to complete the scan and find devices available for pairing. When found, click on it to pair it to your computer. On some systems, the device might be listed under Other Devices rather than Bluetooth devices, which you should click instead of Scanning Devices.
- If the device was successfully paired, it will appear in the list under Devices.
C. Syncing the Bluetooth Speaker with iPhone:
If you are wondering how to pair Altec Lansing Bluetooth speaker with other devices, here are the steps.
1. Plug the speaker into a power source using its Micro-USB charging cable. The LED ring on top of the speaker should light up green.
2. Using your iPhone 4S, iPad 3 or above models,
head over to Settings -> General -> Bluetooth -> On.
The iPhone 4S will ask you if you want to scan for nearby Bluetooth devices. Select the Altec Lansing speaker and then choose ‘Pair with this Device’.
3. You will be asked for a passcode. The default passcode is “0000”. Now, your iPhone 4S and Altec Lansing iMT582BLU Bluetooth speaker is paired,
Now you can listen to music through your speaker.
C. Syncing the Bluetooth Speaker with Android:
- Make sure that the Bluetooth Speaker is turned on.
- Place your device close to the Bluetooth Speaker.
- Go to Settings > Wireless & Networks > Bluetooth Settings, then search for the speakers name followed by “y” once it’s found, and select it.
- Once you’re connected, give your speaker a name and press okay.
- Turn off your phone’s Wi-Fi connection and leave it scanning for other devices (pressing red on one device will deselect it)
- Once it finds your speaker, tap on it and tap pair (you should be prompted to enter a code on the speaker. Enter 0000 and press okay)
- Once paired, you’re ready to use your Bluetooth Speaker.
Feature of pairing audio device and speakers together :
Altec Lansing Bluetooth speaker is one of the most popular portable bluetooth speaker in global market. Its easy connect feature makes it more accessible to people who are not knowledge about technology.
After you pair them together, when you play music, you can control it through your speaker. Just press the Volume + button, you can increase the volume. And if you press the Volume – button, it will decrease. The same goes for the track buttons too.
If you hold down any specific track button for 2 seconds, it will automatically go to next track. Identify whether your phone’s functionality is working correctly by using these buttons on your speaker too.
Connecting your Device and Start Playing Music!
Pairing your device with the Altec Lansing bluetooth speaker is just one step in using it. Once you have paired, you can enjoy playing music wirelessly on its speakers.
Before you start to play music, make sure that your device is turned on and already paired with the Altec Lansing. When you connect, the sound will automatically switch over to the Altec Lansing speaker.
Troubleshooting Tips and Performance Tips :
You can also connect your mobile device to the Altec Lansing with a wire. Whether the speaker is turned on or off has no effect on whether you can wire it in. You can connect easily by using your device’s Bluetooth setting to pair it like normal, then turn on the Altec Lansing.
The pairing button will flash in blue. A firmware update may also help in pairing issues. Just keep in mind to set the speaker in pairing mode when doing so.
Altec Lansing is one of the best bluetooth speakers that can give you amazing sound quality with deep bass. You can get great sound without having to deal with the mess of wires. Just enjoy your favorite song and dance to it!
If you want to know more about this article, feel free to visit Altec Lansing’s website for more information about their products.