Whether you’re an early adopter or just your average TV-watching person, it’s likely that you’ll be using a soundbar in your living room soon. This technology combines multiple speakers into one unit for improved sound quality and more acoustics. What makes the remote work is that it has Bluetooth built into it which allows easy pairing with other devices.
The article is about how to program an Xfinity remote to control your soundbar. It also provides information on how you can set up your soundbar with your TV.
Table of Contents
The Steps Involved When Setting Up Your Soundbar Are :
Step 1: Turning on SoundBar and TV
Turn on the TV and the soundbar. Place the remote control as far as possible from the devices. Buy you can try to wear some gloves as it will help you for some reason. Ok, just kidding on that last part by the way.
Step 2: Connecting the Remote to the TV
The first step is to eventually turn on the remote control device. Press and hold the “Mode” button for a few seconds. Then, press and hold “Power” button for a few seconds. The LED indicator should turn green once turned on. Now, press and hold “Volume Down” button for a few seconds until you see a blue light flashing at the bottom of your remote control. After that, press and hold “Mode” button for a few seconds to turn on the Bluetooth pairing mode. Finally, press and hold the “Power” button on your remote control until you see a blue light flashing at the bottom of your remote control.
Step 3: Bluetooth Pairing
Now that both devices are turned on, you can pair them together. You’ve just got to wait for two minutes before the process will finish. The first step is to see the “PB” indicator on the top right corner of your soundbar.
The second step is to find out what your Xfinity remote’s Bluetooth signal is called. On a Mac, it should be “8A8A”. On a PC, it should be one of those numbers 1-8 with a 9 at the end, e.g. “0017”. Check which Bluetooth signal it has, then pair with that number instead of individually pairing with each button on your remote. For example, if your remote was called “TV”, then your soundbar would need to be paired with the TV instead.
Step 4: Pairing Other Buttons
While you have both devices turned on, you can easily pair other buttons. The first step is to find out which Bluetooth signal you should be pairing with. The second step is to hold the button in question for three seconds, and it will pair automatically. It’s important to note that there isn’t much documentation on how exactly you can re-program the remote control, so your best bet is to simply trial and error all the buttons until you find what you’re looking for.
Step 5: Connecting Other Devices
This process repeats when you want to connect other devices. The first step is to find out which Bluetooth signal you should be pairing with. The second step is to press the “Power” button on the remote control for three seconds. You will then see a blue light flashing at the bottom of your remote control. Now, if you want to connect another device, instead of pairing them individually, you simply need to scan and pair with that device first.
Step 6: Pairing TV with Soundbar
Now that you’ve got your soundbar paired with your Xfinity remote, you can pair the two together. The first step is to see the “PB” indicator on the top right corner of your soundbar. On this remote control, it will be located just underneath “TV”.
The second step is to find out what your Xfinity remote’s Bluetooth signal is called. On a Mac, it should be “8A8A”. On a PC, it should be one of those numbers 1-8 with a 9 at the end, e.g. “0017”. Check which Bluetooth signal it has, then pair with that number instead of individually pairing with each button on your remote.
For example, if your remote was called “TV”, then your soundbar would need to be paired with the TV instead. Once you’ve done this, hold down the “Mode” button for two seconds until you see a blue light flashing at the bottom of your remote control.
This will pair the TV with the soundbar. You now have successfully turned your soundbar into a universal remote control! Now you can control your Xfinity TV or Xfinity box with your soundbar. It also might have some other features you might not have known about.
Characteristics Of An Xfinity Remote To A Soundbar :
- Using the remote, you can set your soundbar to automatically turn off after a certain amount of time has elapsed.
- You can also play and pause any media that is playing on your television.
- The remote features buttons for controlling the volume and balance on the soundbar.
- There are buttons to skip through tracks, as well as fast forward and rewind on some devices.
- You can also play and pause music, adjust the equalizer, turn up the bass and more.
- There are also buttons to send commands to your television, including changing inputs, backlight settings, brightness/contrast settings and power modes.
- There are three basic functions for your soundbar: PLAY, STOP and PAUSE.
- The buttons on the remote are the same as the buttons you would use to control your television, but they can be programmed to something different so that you do not have to switch remotes when you want to use your soundbar.
- Make sure you are pointing the remote directly at your device or it will not work.
- You can control multiple devices with one remote if they are all compatible with IR signals.
- If you are ever having trouble with your remote, you can search online for an updated code list or check your user’s manual for the correct code.
- If your device is not listed, you can use the search function on your remote to search for it.
- When programming your remote, make sure it is set to the appropriate mode for the device before trying to program it.
- Be sure to write down any codes that are important to you in case they are lost or erased.
- On the remote, there is a code entry box that will appear after pressing the MENU button.
- You can use this code to verify that you are pointing the remote at your device.
- To enter a code, press button 1, then press the number directly underneath the “+” sign on the remote.
- After pressing “ENTER”, your device will turn on or off or adjust volume or change channels
How to Pair an Xfinity Remote to a Soundbar :
Step 1: Connect the soundbar to your television using either HDMI or optical cables. This will power on your TV set and allow it to see the speaker, allowing the pairing process to begin
Step 2: Press the “Touch” or “System” button on the remote at the top to activate the blue LED light. Then press and hold the “Voice” button. This will enable voice recognition, allowing your remote to talk to your soundbar.
Step 3: Say, “OK Xfinity Remote” and confirm it with a wait period before pressing the star button. This will begin identifying your remote with your speaker, allowing you to pair them together.
Step 4: Now say “Soundbar” or “Xfinity Soundbar” to your remote. This will confirm that you are trying to pair this speaker with your soundbar.
Step 5: Anchor the name on the remote to the one on your sound bar like “Sound Bar.” This will confirm that you are trying to pair the two together.
Step 6: After confirmation, wait for a green LED light to flash on both devices after at least four seconds. This is confirmation that the remote and speaker are paired with each other.
Step 7: Now you can continue using your remote to control your soundbar and TV set in one convenient device. You can adjust the volume and change channels all in one device.
How to Un-Pair an Xfinity Remote from a Soundbar :
If you want to un-pair your Xfinity remote with your sound bar, all you need to do is turn them both on and say “Unpair” into the microphone. You need to say this command into the microphone in fast succession. So you say “Unpair,” and then wait for a green LED on both devices to flash.
You can un-pair your remote from your soundbar by saying the same command in rapid succession. It is not necessary for you to say “Unpair,” and then wait for a green LED light on both devices to flash. If you turn them both off, then they will automatically un-pair after four seconds of it being off.
This is how you pair an Xfinity remote with your soundbar. Now you can control your TV provider’s set-top box without having to connect other devices.
Programming An Xfinity Remote To A Soundbar :
- Press Menu on your Xfinity remote and scroll down to Settings.
- Scroll down to Devices.
- Scroll down until you find Soundbar DVLA LYNEC LCOS, then press Select.
- Press the Channel Up button three times (999).
- Press Select then enter in 6994 or 6995 followed by confirming.
- Turn on your Remote.
- Refer to your soundbar or headunit manual on how to enter in the IR codes.
- Set a device button to a soundbar device under the settings menu.
If you have too many devices being detected, you can set up another Xfinity remote to control the rest of them
In this article, we discussed how to program an Xfinity Remote to a soundbar. Also, you don’t have to be an electrical engineer to program an Xfinity remote to your soundbar. We went over the steps to take and the final results using a remote and a soundbar. We learned that programming remotes can help enrich your home theater experience.
Q: How do you program a Xfinity remote?
A: Turn on your TV. If anything else is turned off,such as your X1,Flex Box,or audio components you want to program into your Xfinity remote,turn those … Pair the remote to your X1 TV Box. If you are just setting up your XR15 remote for the first time,you’ll need to pair it to your Xfinity … Locate the code for each component you want to control. …
Q: How do you set up a Xfinity remote?
A: Set the TV input to the input connected to the Xfinity TV Box. Press the Setup button on your remote until the LED at the top changes from red to green. Press the xfinity button on the remote. The LED will begin flashing green. (Note: When pairing an XR2 or XR5 remote to a DTA, you may need to press the xfinity button up to five times).
Q: How to pair and program Your Xfinity Voice Remote?
A: How to Pair and Program Your Xfinity Voice Remote. Find Manufacturer’s setup code here : 3 digit code, 4 digit code, 5 digit code for your TV then follow the instructions listed below Simple Steps to Program Your Xfinity Remote. Step 1 : Turn on your TV and set-top box.
Q: How to program Your Xfinity remote without the code?
A: How to Program New Xfinity Remote xr-15 without codes.1)Turn on your TV2)For a code search hold A and D button led change from red to green 3)Enter 991led w…